Made some progress on Christmas gift giving today. Having accomplished zero prior to this day, I am finding joy in that accomplishment. There is much to do, but at least I’ve begun.
Sometimes, things go as planned. If you divide a day into small increments, generally one, and occasionally 2 of those segments will be just as hoped for. Such was the hour of 3:15 - 4:15 when 20 elementary grade students came to my classroom for Coders Club. Coders Club is chaos. But, it is doing exactly what I had hoped for - get kids interested in coding. I DON'T know how to code myself, but I love the thought of knowing how. I will practice more this summer. Anyway, today the kids found joy in creating garbage collecting robots, creating a laser-shooting robot that reacted to a paper cup in the way. They also coded little characters to dance to fantastic 80's songs. They wouldn't go home. Don't get me wrong - that is an exhausting hour. Today was fun.
I am a very cold warm-blooded human. I get cold and stay cold for a very long time - pretty much November to May. But, I have discovered something that is helping. This little portable heater. I just drag it around to wherever I am and within a few moments I am toasty warm and the chill begins to leave my body. It can warm a room in just a few minutes. I can use it in one room without raising the temperature all over the house which makes the family happy since they are warm warm-blooded humans. This little guy is definitely helping me find joy on these very cold January days.
I set up the hammock today. I love this thing. It even has a bug guard so the mosquitoes can't eat me alive. It has a pocket for my drink or book or phone. It is in a perfect spot so it can gently sway in the wind. It is always in the shade. It truly is one of the most joyous parts of my summer. Can't find me? Check the hammock!
Comments
Post a Comment